PIR Sensor not functioning properly?

chillxdd

Joined Feb 13, 2014
Hello, I recently bought a PIR sensor and wanted to do something with it, but right now I'm just testing it.

Here is what I found from the datasheet of the SB00622A-2 sensor:

And I followed this diagram to test:

Of course the pins in the diagram don't match with my sensor but I'm sure I wired them just right (positive and negative).

But the LED does not light up no matter what. I waited to see if the sensor will stabilize but nothing. I also tried to connect the LED to the sensor's load+ and load- however the LED just stays on no matter how long I wait. I am new to electronics so I do not know what I am doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

I just want it to light up an LED or to sound a buzzer when it detects motion.

Edit:

I've not touched the Dark Adjust and Delay Time so I'm sure it's set to default (2s delay, max lux) but I'm not sure how and if it is affecting the sensor's behavior.

Please, please use terms that will be easy for me to understand :(

Last edited:

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
If I remember correctly, these units need about a minute to calibrate after initial application of power. Are you waiting for it to finish and not waving frantically at it as it is calibrating?

pujulde

Joined Jul 24, 2013
If you tried to light LED connecting it to the source and failed, there may be very simple mistake, check the voltage and LED polarity.

burger2227

Joined Feb 3, 2014
If it is connected correctly, the LED should light up immediately during warm up.

After maybe 30 seconds it should only go on when there is motion nearby.

chillxdd

Joined Feb 13, 2014
Could it be that my sensor is defective? I hope not. I did wait for it to stabilize. 30 minutes in fact. :D

Also I used 12V DC power supply because sensor supports up to 15V. LED polarity was OK (it lit up the whole time when connected to sensors load+ and load-

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
Could it be that my sensor is defective? I hope not. I did wait for it to stabilize. 30 minutes in fact
Have you tried totally covering the Fresnel lens with an I/R opaque cover , in order to block out any ambient 'PIR' light.?
If you try that, does the LED remain lit.?

Turn the Delay to its lowest setting and the Dark adjust for daylight operation.

As stated above, wait about 2 minutes after powering up in order to allow a warm up time.

E

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Did you try the Dark Adjust? Sounds like a threshold control and so you might get your project to work by trying the adjustment at both ends of the adjustment limits.

PS, there is a possibility that the "o" pin might be active low. Try connecting your LED to VCC, and of course, reverse the polarity of the LED (after checking the LED polarity was correct in the first place).

chillxdd

Joined Feb 13, 2014
According to the datasheet

"TEST: test pin for output. With output, high level signal (3V); no output, low level signal (0V)"