Piezo touch switch wiring to turn on water pump and heater

kentuliz

Joined Feb 12, 2019
Hello all,

Question?...

So customer gave me this switch pbarzaf0000c3a link to product: https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/piezo-switches/6919575/
Switch has RGB leds on separate wires for each color 5v and two red wires 24v AC/DC 0.2A

He wants to turn on/off water pump and water heater at same time with this switch. I have never seen/used this switch before and have no idea how to wire it. So my question is how to wire it that with touch of finger led light, water pump and heater would come on and stay on until another touch with finger to turn it off. (switch is not standard push switch)

suppose will need some kind of relays?

Attachments

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
Have you read the information in the link under "Technical reference" in the link that you posted ? It seems to give quite a lot of information including how to identify which version of switch you have .

Les.

kentuliz

Joined Feb 12, 2019
Have you read the information in the link under "Technical reference" in the link that you posted ? It seems to give quite a lot of information including how to identify which version of switch you have .

Les.
Yes had a look through data sheet, but still unable to figure out how to wire it

pmd34

Joined Feb 22, 2014
According to the part number and data sheet it looks like a NO (pulse) button with 3 LEDs. (3A)
Button.jpg

So it give a brief pulse on the 2 red wires - dropping its resistance to 10 Ohms. I guess the easiest thing to use it with would be a latching relay, though I cant see any info. on how long the pulse is!

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
The contacts on the push button will not drive the coil on the impulse relay directly as they are rated at 24 volts maximum and 200 mA maximum. You could use a small relay with a coil that takes less than 24 volts and 200 mA with contacts capable of switching the power to the impulse relay coil. You would also need a low voltage power supply to power the small relay. You have given no information on the voltage and power rating of the load and also if it is single phase or three phase so I can't say if the contacts on the impulse relay are capable of switching the load. You would also need a small 5 volt DC power supply fed from the output of the impulse relay to light the LED in the push switch.

Les.