pickit3 problem

nirav jasani

Joined Jul 17, 2013
hi all,
i have used pic18f67k22 with pickit3. But it is not detected. In pickit3 pic18f67k22 device is not found....any body can help me for this issue ?

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
But it is not detected.
What does "it" mean? Does your PICkit detect anything?

The PICkits need 5 connections between programmer and target: power, ground, VPP (on MCLR), and a data and a clock.

Data and clock are standard logic signals. If there are other circuit connections you can load these down till the point they don't work as logic signals anymore.

VPP is the programming voltage, and it is higher then the normal power. Again, care must be used if there is other circuitry attached.

Power and ground are pretty simple, but there needs to be power, either from the target or from the PICkit. The PICkit can only supply a modest amount of power.

If you seem to have trouble build a circuit having just the PIC and connect to the PICkit. No other circuitry, short direct connections.

If that does now work perhaps your PICkit is damaged.

(Is this a Microchip PICkit or a clone?)

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
If you power through the pickit, you have to go into the programmer menu and trun the power on. Make sure you select the correct operating voltage, as there are choices in the menu.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Another issue can be the LVP pin.

The "device not found" error is a standard one that tells you that programming comms cannot be established. On some PICs the LVP pin must be tied low with a resistor etc for the standard 5-wire ICSP interface (PWR, PGC, PGD, MCLR, GND) to work.

I had similar pickit 3 problems.
In MPLAB you have to go into programmer settings and put power to the device.

In MPLAB X it is buried in the run project configuration menus.