PICKIT2 and PICKIT3 doesn't wotk on My WIN10, but they work in XP, which is not connected ro Internet

pekka123

Joined May 18, 2017
I had tried to loadPICKIT2- and normal PICKIT3, but they doesn't load, they leave on Task Management ( CONTOL ALT -DEL).
They doesn't show at all. I have tried different methods, Download a new PICKIT2 programs, but nothing helped,
When I tried with my old XP machine, everything worked fine.
XP machine is not connected to Internet.

Do I have to install a new WIN10 and update all the hard disks?
But doesn't they got the virus back?

But it there is some virus, why all the other programs works well.?

If I remove all the PICKIT2 programs, do it help?
I have four different PICKIT2 and PICKI3 modules, but the program doesn't even load to see it.

Hmm ,I have not had so bad problem with 30 years of PIC programmers,
Can any body help, what I do?

Regards Pekka

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
Hi pekka,
I have found a number of programs will not install and sometimes not run until they have been called at least once, by using the Administrator option.
I, too, used PICKIT with XP for many years until I switched to Win 10 and I installed PICKIT using Admin, and they work just fine, try it

You could also check that your PICKIT for bugs by using Defender scan
E

Attachments

pekka123

Joined May 18, 2017
You might try PICkit Minus which I use on Windows 10. It supports the PICkit 2 and 3.
Well, I am a friend of Pickit2-. I have used it about 5 years, I like it because it uses also new PIC processors. I know this Finnish friend and when I need a new PIC programming, he does it in a day. My problems started when I program PIC18F26K80 (CAN cpu) for 4 hours, Then I removed it and a few days later started this PICKIT2 problem again. Yesterday I removed all my PICKIT programs, but PICKIT3 leaves, And it started to work! What can be a reason. I will try an administrator.
Regards Pekka

pekka123

Joined May 18, 2017
Well, when I started programming in this morning, PICKIT3 doesn't work!
I installed a new PICKIT2- ( December 2023) , It worked.
What is this problem?

Pekka

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
PICKit 3 is horribly fragile. I ruined 2 of them, probably by plugging in a board with the pins offset.
My problems started when I program PIC18F26K80 (CAN cpu) for 4 hours
What does this mean? How do you program something for four hours?

pekka123

Joined May 18, 2017
PICKit 3 is horribly fragile. I ruined 2 of them, probably by plugging in a board with the pins offset.

What does this mean? How do you program something for four hours?
Well, I mean that I have done this project just only two weeks, but it will last at leas two months.
Pekka