PIC16F877A Output to Web Server

sycluap

Joined Feb 9, 2011
Greetings!

I've done googling around to look for something similar, but all of the information is way out of what I can understand. Appreciate if some one can provide me some guidance on this matter.

I am working on a project, to read certain input via the PIC16F877A I/O, and from the I/O combination, I would like to output the information via ethernet, which the I/O information will be channeled to a APACHE web server (PC) and a script to translate the information and record in text file format.

I would like to know, how do I output the information through ethernet connectivity to the LAN?

If my question is unclear, let me know.

sycluap

Joined Feb 9, 2011
Thanks for the prompt reply, correct me if I am wrong.

Output the data through USART pins connected to XPORT. Does XPORT directly convert the data to something the web server 'understand' which I can directly write PHP scripts to manipulate the data? Any other configuration required?

What about the possibility to replace the 'XPORT' with own design system, e.g. ENC28J60? Where can I start with?

blueroomelectronics

Joined Jul 22, 2007
Sure the ENC28J60 is a better solution but the Ethernet stack from Microchip for C18 is designed for an 18F series PIC (more suitable for the task than the 16F series)
A popular combo would be the 18F4620 & ENC28J60, google them and you'll get plenty of info. Not a beginner task by any means though.
Here's something that might be helpful
http://www.electrobob.com/ego-box/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=ego-box

sycluap

Joined Feb 9, 2011
Really appreciate the info. Know this ain't gonna be easy, but I will first try it out, at least I have a direction now.

Thanks!