Pic16f84a

ching fong kee

Joined Jun 23, 2010
huh??
but i test with my PIC
this is show the input pins when there is given to 1 volts, the LEDs that connected at output pins will be light up..

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
huh??
but i test with my PIC
this is show the input pins when there is given to 1 volts, the LEDs that connected at output pins will be light up..

Are you asking then if you can use 1 volt to trigger an input to the pic or to run the pic off of 1 volt???

B. Morse

ching fong kee

Joined Jun 23, 2010
Because my sensor output will be connected to the input pins of my PIC.
When the output voltage of my sensor is reached 1Volts...the LED at output is turn on..

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
Means the Logic high for all the input port will be the same as the RA4?

According to the datasheet no, but, in reality it should work since your input level is higher than a logic low, You may run into some issues later on if you still want to use RA0 as the input, I would switch the input to RA4 to minimize the risk of not getting the proper voltage to switch the input from 1 volt. Most TTL devices I have worked with in conjunction with a PIC, I have always made sure my logic high was atleast equal to 1.8V...

B. Morse

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
BMorse, I think you have misread the datasheet. It states 0.8 Vdd is required, that means 80% of Vdd. If you supply it even the minimum 2V then 1.6V is the minimum guaranteed logic high.

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
That's the minimum guaranteed rating. For example you might not get 1.2V as a logic high at 85°C or with certain batches of chips.

ching fong kee

Joined Jun 23, 2010
means is according to the circumference?
because i'm doing with the final report..
The operating voltage of PIC that i wrote is from 1V to 5.5V
i afraid that is unacceptable..

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
The RATED operating range is 2V to 5.5V. This is the range Microchip guarantee the chip will work in its full temperature range, at maximum speed and with all the chips that come out of the factory.

I have seen PIC16F series chips run on a 1.5V battery at 32 KHz, but there's no guarantee whatsoever from Microchip or me that they will work at 4 MHz or 85°C. I have also seen them work on a 9V battery for a few minutes before blowing smoke (literally), and I run the occasional prototype at 6V with few / no problems.

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
BMorse, I think you have misread the datasheet. It states 0.8 Vdd is required, that means 80% of Vdd. If you supply it even the minimum 2V then 1.6V is the minimum guaranteed logic high.

That is why I suggested to make sure to get atleast 1.8V for a logic high... the 0.8 is a logic low, not High.

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
means is according to the circumference?
because i'm doing with the final report..
The operating voltage of PIC that i wrote is from 1V to 5.5V
i afraid that is unacceptable..

Operating Voltage is not the same as the logic level inputs... Operating Voltage means the power you are using to power the whole circuit i.e. 2 to 5.5 Volts....

B. Morse