PIC12f683 example code

Man_in_UK

Joined May 13, 2008
Can anyone point me in the direct of, or supply me with some very simple code for one of these ?

Any samples or projects will do.

I have not programmed in a long time and it would help a lot to see how others have set up ports etc. Rather than ask someone to write my program I want to try and work it out myself.

Cheers

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
The PICkit 1 comes with a PIC12F675 already programmed with sample code (that needed some work to make all 12 LED's flash, but I digress..)

There are a number of sample programs provided on the CDs that comes with the PICkit 1; a mixture of C and assembler.

Basically, evaluation of what programs will work with which uC's are up to you to decide; you need to be aware of the capabilities of your particular uC. I have not looked at the datasheet for yours.

Man_in_UK

Joined May 13, 2008
Thanks for your suggestions.

I think I will move to the 675 as I can get the starter board and start proding about straight away.

Even in the sourcecode section of the mchip website there is nothing written to drop straight into a 12f series. I guess the space saving over an 8 pin package compared to a 16 is such a non-event everyone goes for the big version(I call it big, we know its not).

If you got anything on paper for a 12f675 please send it this way.