PIC12F629 2.5 minutes delay at start up the first time

Rogerspierre

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I'm working with a pic 12f629, when it's first powered on (i.e. in the morning) it takes about 2.5 minutes to work fine. If I shut off it in the next minutes and power it on again it works fine, It seems that needs some time in the first power on to warm up and then it works as planed, after that I shut it off (removing the power supply) and turn it on again and works fine! have you have some problem like that?
Thank for your help before hand!!

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
That isn't normal behavior. Have you checked your power supply for ripple and output current/voltage?

Semiconductors do not need to "warm up" before functioning. Other components, such as capacitors and some sensors do sometimes need to "warm up", but they are typically the exception rather than the rule in a functioning well designed circuit.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
That isn't normal behavior. Have you checked your power supply for ripple and output current/voltage?

Semiconductors do not need to "warm up" before functioning. Other components, such as capacitors and some sensors do sometimes need to "warm up", but they are typically the exception rather than the rule in a functioning well designed circuit.
Didn't the 12f629 use vacuum tubes? :)