PIC MCU as Host Project

ABMatt

Joined Jul 16, 2014
hello all.Please i want to work on a USB project whereby the PIC MCU acts as the host. i have quite a challenging time with the code. i work well with the CCS compiler but i have only seen code in MPLAB

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Sorry I am not familiar with the CCS compiler, just those freely available from Micochip themselves.

At one time I was plaing around with a PIC32 device where I used the USB to host a keyboard; project was for a Basic interpeter app that eventually went no where, but the keyboard stuff was simple (and worked). I based the entire project on one of the sample apps Microchip included in their applications library.

That has been a fruitfull approach, take an app that has the basic USB functionality and graft on my code for some other useful purpose. I would suggest you look into that direction.

One would hope CCS has a similar set of samples to get you going, though I have no knowedge of them. I am not saying the do not exist, I am saying you would have to find them on your own.

I have yet to use the latest library samples under the "XC" series of compilers, my work was done using either C32 or C18 compilers. There are still available for free downloading, as are the older libraries.

ABMatt

Joined Jul 16, 2014
hi Erniem, thanks for your post.removing the CCS constraint,can i get a working code using another compiler?