PIC Based Vehicle Data Acquisition system

lehee2003

Joined Apr 7, 2011
Hello All,

Can anyone in the house help me with a circuit diagram for a PIC Based Vehicle Data Acquisition system. This circuit in question must contain five sensors which includes:
1. Engine Speed Sensor
2. Engine Temperature sensor
3.Front and Rear Suspension Travel sensor
4.Pitch, Roll and Yaw sensor
5. Vehicle speed sensor#

The system must be able to work with a flash memory card.
Waiting for your help and swift response as usual.
Regards

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Actually, this is your project. We would be interested in seeing the sensors you select, as we have nothing to go on as far as parameters. You should find sensors that meet your requirements, rather than try to kludge up a collection of stuff various members might suggest.

Potato Pudding

Joined Jun 11, 2010
You would want to research the CAN bus and search for diagrams with PIC models that have native CAN support.

If this is a project - You might also want to look at having two or more controllers and breaking the project into sections. Any one of those sensing elements would be a worthwhile project on its own. Getting started is easier if you limit your scope. Finish one part and then you can start on another system. The circuit you describe would likely have over 100 nodes. Much better to break it into subcircuits of 5 to 20 nodes.
When you do your research into the CAN bus you might also see some of why I am suggesting that you dedicate a PIC for some of the subcircuits.

If this is just a diagram that you want for research study - don't look for a generic diagram because there is no such thing as far as I can tell. Pick out what specific vehicle you want and dig. You can probably find the specific diagram. Much better than looking for a diagram that might mislead you.