PIC and C programming

Claudy

Joined Mar 30, 2009
Hello:), am very new to this site.Am an engineer and would like to know how i can program a PIC μc using C language. Any helpful sites for it?
:)Thank you for your replies:).!

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
First, get the PicKit2 starter kit, which contains the 44 pin demo board and the PicKit2 programmer (the demo board is nearly 'free' in with the package), as well as some good tutorials on CD, with 7 examples for LEDs, including sequencing, PWM, and ADC.

I use BoostC most of the time, but that is an additional expense. Microchip's C18 is 'free', though it stops doing high opitimization after 90 days. Even after that, I've heard that it still optimizes even the 'worse code' to something smaller more efficient though.

If you have never touched ANY programming language or ANY microcontroller, maybe start with the PicAxe, which is a Basic Stamp Clone. Learning how to set up the programming header is the 'hard part' the first couple times on a breadboard, no matter which uC you choose (PIC, AVR, Motorola, Intel). It is basically 4-5 wires for all of them.