PIC 16F877 in Finger Scanner

rhean

Joined Jul 24, 2008
I need a help in making a circuit diagram using a PIC 16F877. Hou would i connect the fingerscanner which is usb connector to the pic? I already connect the keypad and lcd to the PIC 16F877 and i dont know where the fingerscanner will be place in the pin assignment of this PIC....pls help me...

rhean

Joined Jul 24, 2008
Is the program of the PIC18,PIC24 or PIC32 the same as the program of the PIC 16877? The connection of the keypad and lcd were also the same as in the PIC16F877????tnx 4 d reply

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Is the program of the PIC18,PIC24 or PIC32 the same as the program of the PIC 16F877?
No, sorry. You may be able to re-use a good bit of source code, if you have it. I don't have any PIC18/24/32 uC's myself, but the 16 bit and 32 bit uC's use a different compiler from the 8-bit uC's. The way the program code is generated and stored in the uC is different. Different word sizes, even.

The connection of the keypad and lcd were also the same as in the PIC16F877????
I can't tell you.

I have not even downloaded any of the datasheets for any of those uC's.

I have no clue about your fingerprint scanner, except that you say it needs a USB connection. Whether or not you can do anything with it when you DO have a uC that can interface with USB is another matter entirely.

Simply connecting things to I/O pins on a PIC doesn't mean that it's automatically going to work.

It's going to take a lot of research and effort on your part.

AlexR

Joined Jan 16, 2008
I have not used USB on a PIC so don't really know what I'm talking about but I thought that the USB enabled PICs are USB periphery devices designed to talk to a USB master i.e. a computer. The fingerprint scanner would also be USB periphery and would expect to talk to USB master in which case interfacing it to a PIC might pose serious problems.

Might be simpler to ditch the present scanner and get one with a serial interface.

qpoint22

Joined Dec 20, 2009
i have the same problem with this post.... can anyone provide me a programmer circuit for pic16f877 which i will going to connect to a fingerprint scanner? tnx

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
i have the same problem with this post.... can anyone provide me a programmer circuit for pic16f877 which i will going to connect to a fingerprint scanner? tnx
For one this is an old thread. For 2, if you read what was posted already you would know that you can not connect a USB device to a Pic16F877.