pic 16f877 embedded project

shweta sharma

Joined Jul 25, 2013
hello everyone.I'm a new user and i had a idea of making my electronics project on "railway tracl pedestrian crossing wothout using staircase".Objective of this project is to facilitate the physically disabled and senior citizens people a comfort of not using the staircase to a platform just opposite to another, instead a mobile platform can be used.

for this purpose harware requirement is
1)infrared sensors 2)stepper motor 3)interfacing unit 4)pic 16f877
5)stepper motor drive 6)power supply unit

software requiremnt- 1)mplab ide 2)hitech c cross compiler

can anybody help me with the programming codes of pic 16f877 of this project..plz also some connection assistance

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
You are going to transport people with 2 stepper motors?
How big are these motors? I have to see them.
Do we have to write the program and draw up the schematic? :confused:
If you want a tutorial on the PIC, Google Nigel Goodwin Tutorial.
Max.

shweta sharma

Joined Jul 25, 2013
now i'm just trying to build a working model of this.The idea is senors will b placed in the two sides of the track.when the train arrives and it reaches one sensor the mobile platform is withdrawn backward with stepper motor assembly and allows the train to go throught the track.whwn the train reaches second sensor the mobile platform is forced by the stepper motor bridging the two platforms. here i'll use infrared sensors. Red/green indication signals can be used
for the pedestrians to let them know whether they can use the platform. i needed programming codes on mplab ide for pic 16f877 microcontroller for this task to operate mt motor and sensors

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
now i'm just trying to build a working model of this.
I would consider that steppers are only going to be useful if this is a scale model?
In my experience using steppers in a full size version will be totally useless, It would be nice to know the mechanics you are intending to use, it seems right now it is just a concept?
Max.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
He already said that in post #5. :)

To shweta_sharma; I think you should take some time and design a flowchart of operation, which describes exactly how everything operates (like tshuck said).

Once you know EXACTLY how A operates B etc in the flowchart you can easily add code for each flowchart function.

Too many beginners want to jump right into code without first designing what the thing actually does, in step by step form.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I assume you are making up a 1/125 scale model etc?
I don't see much advantage of a model for engineering purposes, unless it is for a sales presentation.
Most could be done with suitable drawing or modeling s/w?
So it is a horizontal moving walkway, which is retracted when the presence of a locomotive is sensed?
I can see all kind of potential problems, what happens if someone is on the walkway when a locomotive arrives?
For model control purposes, a simple off the shelf PLC might be more practical than learning C and PIC just for a one off?
Max.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Post #5 ????
He did mention working model, but not scale model?
The requirements were spelt out in four lines?
Max.
Sorry my mistake Max! :) I must have misread his posts as I was sure he stated it was for a small model, so probably I just assumed it was a small model for a Uni project etc. Assuming things has its price. ;)