Pic 16f1827

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
How to use PIC16F1827??? I mean its circuit diagram... i want to use it for switching purpose.....
In order to use a PIC16f1827 you must write and download a program into it. You question is to vague to give any help. Can you explain your problem better

aniket07

Joined Jan 8, 2011
what is the circuit required for it??? the value of capacitors for crystal???
also other resistors to be connected to it???

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Then you need information about a component you need the data sheet. In this task Google will be your best friend. So to your problem. Just Google PIC16F1827 one of first hit will be this site http://www.microchip.com/wwwproducts/Devices.aspx?dDocName=en538963#1 Download the data sheet. And read it. Of course if you need any help feel free to ask for help. But remember good questions draw good answers. It is also best to ask MCU related questions in this part of the forum Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Minimum circuit is just a 100nF capacitor across the power supply pins and a suitable power supply. It has it's own internal oscillator which is fine for most things apart from precise timekeeping.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Minimum circuit is just a 100nF capacitor across the power supply pins and a suitable power supply. It has it's own internal oscillator which is fine for most things apart from precise timekeeping.

Actually if you have a PICKit 2 or 3, you so not even need a supply. The PICKit2 and 3 can supply a minimal amount of power. Enough to supply PIC anyway,

You don't REALLY need a cap either. You should have one and you may have problems without it but you do not need it. And I do not have experience with the 16F family but the 18F family calls for at least .1uf cap. Read the sticky regarding Decoupling Capacitors at the top of this forum before using one.

So the minimal you need is a programmer for the PIC and a compiler. Best upu get the PICKit2 or 3 because they are also an inline debugger.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J General Electronics Chat 2