PIC 16F1827 and my scoreboard project

JLeith

Joined Oct 30, 2012
Hello All,
I have been trying to build or better repair our Baseball Flip Digit and I have the code developed in Flowcode and used PICKIT 2 to program the PIC.

My biggest hurdle is when I select ball two or any score above 1 my program will not work in the real world. I have looked at the code and I'm stumped as to why the PIC will not advance to ball two.

Can anyone help me understand what could be happening.

I have placed the C Code into a word document.

I would really appreciate the help I have been working on this project for 8 Months and I can only send Ball 1 as B & C segment display.

John

Attachments

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
That is why you should develop in parts, not the whole thing at once!

There is no way we even know what your circuit does, why the heck do you think one of us will go through 4000 lines of code to find your error?

Start small, test each section of code, get a letter or number to transfer to output, then change the values with a switch and get the value to increment; then start reading sensors or other inputs to see if they are correct (because you already tested your display). Work up from there. A pic can be reprogrammed many, many, many times. Start small, validate each section, then add on. I am sorry I cannot answer your question but, hopefully I thought you how to fish.

sikianboon

Joined May 7, 2013
Do you have the flowcode format file .fcd?

Hello All,
I have been trying to build or better repair our Baseball Flip Digit and I have the code developed in Flowcode and used PICKIT 2 to program the PIC.

My biggest hurdle is when I select ball two or any score above 1 my program will not work in the real world. I have looked at the code and I'm stumped as to why the PIC will not advance to ball two.

Can anyone help me understand what could be happening.

I have placed the C Code into a word document.

I would really appreciate the help I have been working on this project for 8 Months and I can only send Ball 1 as B & C segment display.

John