Photovoltaic microgeneration

AD633

Joined Jun 22, 2013
Hello.

If I have an photovoltaic microgeneration installation with an inverter whose maximum output is equal to 3.68 kW, which is the peak wattage of panels supported by the inverter if I have a fixed system(with a fixed structure mounted on the ground)? And if you have a system with a 2 axes follower ?

Inverters generally support a peak power slightly higher than the rated power of these, right?Anyone knows what is the percentage of additional power that they support in those situations? I heard that it peak power of the solar panels can be 20 to 30% superior for the first case and 10 to 20% superior to the power of the inverter for the second case.

Thanks

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Inverters generally support a peak power slightly higher than the rated power of these, right?
I'm not sure I understand your question, but if you are asking if it is OK to run your inverter beyond its rated power, I'd say that's a very bad idea. Its internal protection circuits - assuming it has some - will shut it down based on current and/or temperature.

Peak power rating of the panels does not depend on its mounting. The mounting may improve your ability to approach that rating, for more hours per day.