Photoresistor tips please help

Quillion

Joined Jul 18, 2009
Hello I would like to know if there is any simple ways to reverse photoresistor properties, and if there is a way to amplify it.
By amplify I mean for example that when it gets dark then resistance is greater than it would be, like an exponential type of way.
And by reverse I mean so that if it is light then resistance is high and if it is dark then resistance is low.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
What are you trying do do? It is possible we could suggest some other device or arrangement to satisfy the requirement if we knew what it was.

Quillion

Joined Jul 18, 2009
well I am just messing around with photoresistor, and I want to create annoying beeping devices using 555 chip, but there are just few problems, one of them being the range of photoresistor is very low and even by using two of them I can not manage to get much of a difference in the noise level and frequency, so thats problem number 1. And just for the heck of it I want to know if there is a way to reverse properties of photoresistor so it starts making more of a terrible noise in the dark.

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
do a bit of research into opamps. You can configure the amp with appropriate feed back to aquire various in/out properties. Look at some basic inverting and non inverting configurations along with the basic resistive ratios to get what you want.