Photodetector OPT101 and BPW34 suitable for use in photon counting circuit detector?

chsoo4

Joined Mar 20, 2019
Hi I'm in need of help for my project. I need to implement a photon counting circuit and I try to use the opt101 and bpw34 sensor but I can't obtain the single photon signal. It this two sensor suitable for photon counting circuit? If not what is the suggest sensor for photon counting circuit. Great thanks.

chsoo4

Joined Mar 20, 2019
My project is actually regarding the spectrophotometer. The photodetector will received the photon signal in and count the signal pulse.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Hi I'm in need of help for my project. I need to implement a photon counting circuit and I try to use the opt101 and bpw34 sensor but I can't obtain the single photon signal. It this two sensor suitable for photon counting circuit? If not what is the suggest sensor for photon counting circuit. Great thanks.
What have you done to try to get a single photon count? What happens instead?

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Considering the choice of devices, I suspect "photon counting" is being used for intensity -- perhaps meaning corrected intensity (i.e., absolute intensity, not ratiometric). Even if your sensitivity is limited to ≥10^13 photons, one might still call it photon counting if the measurement is absolute; although in common use, the implication is different.

Last edited:

pmd34

Joined Feb 22, 2014
For individual photon counting you need to use a Photo-multiplier - there are now solid state Silicon Photo-multipliers available at a reasonable cost.