PHOTO SENSOR CONTROLLED OUTLET (TURNS ON OR OFF AT DAYLIGHT OR NIGHTIME)

Rayl333

Joined Jun 24, 2018
Going to use this to directly power a 240 volt ac motor to run a gear-track assembly to open and close greenhouse insulation panels day and night automatically.

Here's the photo sensor ac outlet assembly. The left outlet is for daytime power control and the right outlet is for night power control.

It's a reversible motor that this is going to be wired to and pretty sure can wire it to run both ways without need for a DPDT relay in between. A lot of motors say interchange red & black wires to run in reverse. Since with this design, just one circuit would be operating at a time & I can run red-black wires to one outlet & black-red to the other on same circuit. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

AC motor wiring label - pointing to "for cw rot..interchange red & black". I would have a pair of red & black wires running to both separate outlets.

Please answer if direct wiring is possible to ac motor or do I need the DPDT relay in between. Relay would be a Newark RJD2ADPDT 240 v ac solid state relay with 24 volt input.

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
To change direction swap red and black wires between pins 2 & 4, but power is till connected to L1 and L2 so you will need a DPDT relay and some cunning way of deciding when to power the relay and how to connect L1 and L2 to both day and night power.

Wouldn't it make more sense to open/close the panels based on temperature rather than light?

Rayl333

Joined Jun 24, 2018
AlbertHall, the photosensor assembly already has a SPDT relay in it so one circuit is always on and the other us always off during night or day. Limit/snap switches which are wall mounted, stop the motor once it reaches the end of it's track when insulation panel assembly closes, and releases to power back on for next cycle when insulation panel assembly opens.