Photo resister - how can I reverse it function

booggaville10

Joined May 28, 2013
Please help me. I've just started getting into electronics and I've made a Jaycar project with a photoresister. The idea of the project is when it is in the dark the buzzer sounds. How can I get the buzzer to sound when it's light and go off in the dark? Is this an easy task?

Thanks for your time!!

firebreather

Joined May 27, 2013
Hi, boogaville, i'm too a beginner, hmm....
Most probably you must've used transistor in your circuit. Transistor acts as an invertor. i.e
when you've connected the buzzer btw the collector and +ve end of supply, and if it
sounds,then it will notsound when connected btw. the collector and emitter
terminals, and vice versa. So try exchanging the connections..hope it works..

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
Most probably you must've used transistor in your circuit. Transistor acts as an invertor. i.e
when you've connected the buzzer btw the collector and +ve end of supply, and if it
Generally speaking, there is a much better way to do it, but we need the schematic.

Ramussons

Joined May 3, 2013
You are also likely to end up with a blown transistor!

Ramesh

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Not likely. This will change the circuit into an emitter follower and have not enough voltage as its output.

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
The simplest form is 9 V battery, + to one leg of LDR, other leg to + [red] of solid state buzzer, RS 273-060, - [black] buzzer to - battery. LDR used about 1 in dia., 50 Ω bright light, 1M Ω dark.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
This is the basic shape of what you need. Give numbers about voltage, current, of the buzzer and photocell, to get answers about the transistor and resistors.

Attachments