Philips 37pfl7662d/05

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
I have this 37" Full HD TV in: 37PFL7662D/05 by Philips.

When powered on, the picture shows, but for only half a second. Then it goes. The LCD panel is intact, no damage. The picture is good for the small time it is on. I suspect an inverter transformer failure.

I bought this TV for about £40. I also have a spare mainboard which looks identical, from another Philips LCD which was scrapped for parts.

I'm tempted to mount it to my wall and use it as a massive computer monitor :D.

Saving stuff from the dump feels good!

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
You can see the transformer has failed; the black mark on the top right of the secondary winding is where an arc occurred, destroying several windings and making the transformer secondary open circuit.

Attachments

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
Replacing the transformer fixed it :).

I forgot to mention the test to identify the faulty transformer. Measure the resistance of all the transformer secondaries (while the TV is unplugged). Most will measure about the same. One will measure much higher, or sometimes lower, than the others; this is the faulty one.

This TV cost me £40 to buy, plus £16 for the transformer. Not bad for a Philips 37" 1080p Full HD LCD :).

Attachments

tlfusion

Joined Nov 23, 2011
Hi, I'm a new member so please bear with me.
where did you source the transformer from?
many thanks
could you please email the reply to
...........@hotmail.co.uk :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Go to the persons profile, and email them there.

We don't leave open email addresses laying around, as spam bots will harvest it.

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
Hi, I'm a new member so please bear with me.
where did you source the transformer from?
many thanks
could you please email the reply to
...........@hotmail.co.uk :)
eBay, there are many sellers of them. Copy the first four or five letters of the transformer code (e.g. 4009A) into eBay. They are quite cheap.