Phase 1 complete :)

TBayBoy

Joined May 25, 2011
OK, my summer project to equip a home play lab is done, months of crawling around ebay and the internet.

Let the playing begin :)

Zazoo

Joined Jul 27, 2011
Excellent. I've been putting a home workbench together too. It's really handy to not have to travel to school every time I want to fiddle with something.

What is the black thing in front of the soldering station?

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Looks nice, but I think you need more space. Now it like a Swiss Army knife.

I saw a program on Discovery a few months ago. It was a program from America, and they had a saying:"The only size, is oversize!"

I think you need more "Lebensraum"

I envy gadgets on the left side of the desk, though...

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Then I am working I must have some space for Doodling and calculations. It is essential. For that purpose nothing beats the old style dot matrix printer paper. Hard to get sadly

TBayBoy

Joined May 25, 2011
looks like a leatherman tool pouch
Yes, a multi-tool, space was limited to an existing desk, but hell, we all know these things have a tendency to spread, maybe I'll get a small printer stand for the printer and free up real estate.

The goal was to have something to play with at home so, like Zazoo I don't have to make the trek.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I have taken to using a folded piece of paper for a mouse pad, if it wears out I replace it with another. It also makes a handy place to store notes. For times I have to play with algebra I break out the notepad.

TBoy, that desk is unnatural, it is way too neat. You need to do something about that.

Zazoo

Joined Jul 27, 2011
TBoy, that desk is unnatural, it is way too neat. You need to do something about that.
One of my professors has a workstation in his office that is literally buried in electronic components and test equipment. He works in a small 1ftx1ft clearing on the bench. I think he's hoping it will someday serve as makeshift faraday cage.
It drives the neat-freak in me crazy everytime I go to his office. :eek:

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
One of my professors has a workstation in his office that is literally buried in electronic components and test equipment. He works in a small 1ftx1ft clearing on the bench. I think he's hoping it will someday serve as makeshift faraday cage.
It drives the neat-freak in me crazy everytime I go to his office. :eek:
I should post a pic of my desk. sounds similar

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Here's my desk.

Here's my electronics work bench and my tool cart. All my electronic tes equipment is gone to calibration right now; usually you would see a pile of o-scopes on the right.

Here's my "mechanical work bench" - aka "works in progress staging area"

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
Here's mine.

I think there's a table under there somewhere...

Let's play where's wally/waldo...

Look for;

two spoons
a mini file
a red LED
a vice
Antex soldering iron

First person who finds all these things wins a prize!:D

Attachments

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
two spoons - next to glass bowl
a mini file - don't know
a red LED - on the blue soldering station
a vice - lower middle left of image, on the edge of the table, next to the ruler
Antex soldering iron - on top of the PC daughtercards, next to the CD roms, it's yellow