Perplexed

Samuelosky

Joined Mar 7, 2008
Hello Gentelmen , Pleeeease help me , Iam a new hire and im certain ill be asked to do wireing for sensors such as conveyor control for botteling , liquid level sensors , and dry powder level and labeling . Can anyone send me some circuit component pictorial diagrams , or schematics on this matter ?
Ill be dealing with 24v and 115v motor control circuits with ac motors from 115v to 480v 3phase , solid state relays , basic transfer relays, also DC voltages . Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.[/FONT]

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Why were you hired since you know nothing about what you must do?????????????
You might accidently kill yourself and/or other people.

I think you should be immediately fired.

Samuelosky

Joined Mar 7, 2008
AUDIOGURU ,crank down severly on your Ego , i am certain you had your learning
curves , and your asssumeing I dont know anything about the subject , take a chill pill and be honest to yourself be HAPPY.
Be helpful .
Enjoy Life

Last edited:

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
There are many different types of sensors, and different types of sensing.

You should spend some time gathering information on the EXACT sensors you will be working with, then get there datasheets.

You can get them on-line, or you should have a library of some sort at your job.

The datasheets will have the info spelled out for you.

I would also shoulder-surf a few old-timers to get hands-on (other peoples hands) experience.

You have done good by trying to find the information BEFORE a problem arises.

If you DONT KNOW 100% what you are doing, ask someone you work with.

Say things like, "I would feel a lot better if I didn't shut down the line on my first repair."

or "Walk me through this one time."

Dont get yourself killed or maimed. I dont like other peoples blood and body parts in my drinks. ;)

eng1ne

Joined Dec 4, 2009
"Why were you hired since you know nothing about what you must do?????????????"

One might deduce that the OP will go through relevant training.

The idea that an individual must have experience to take any position seems to be a paradox.

Without experience, you can't get the job - and without the job you can't get experience!

Retched makes a good point; be proactive in obtaining circuit diagrams, datasheets, engineering files, test procedures - anything that you can get your hands on. Make sure your seniors know that's what your doing; the fact that you're even looking and asking will improve your standing way beyond any of your colleagues that don't!

Of course be concerned for your own safety, common sense should prevail. Otherwise, you have to put your trust and faith in the company's health and safety procedures.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Of course be concerned for your own safety, common sense should prevail. Otherwise, you have to put your trust and faith in the company's health and safety procedures.
Or make sure your surviving family has a good lawyer. ;)