Perfboard - Would you do any different from this?

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
After an initial check with a breadboard and to get mechanical stability I am using the perfboard shown to properly test a circuit.

As far as I can, I run all the jumpers first and then I start to populate by sections in the order they will be tested as shown in the other picture.

Given the layout, would you do any different from what I do? I am basically asking if you think that it could be improved or what options you see, always using this kind of perfboard.

Gracias for any ideas.

Attachments

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Like was replied on the other site:
There are way too many jumpers!

Since you can't buy ordinary Veroboard or a good copy of it then your circuit with wires all over the place is doomed.

For many years I used British genuine fiberglass Veroboard. It became hard to find then I found an excellent Chinese copy. It was discontinued then I found a Taiwan copy.
The copies are called "stripboard".

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
Like was replied on the other site:
There are way too many jumpers!

Since you can't buy ordinary Veroboard or a good copy of it then your circuit with wires all over the place is doomed.

For many years I used British genuine fiberglass Veroboard. It became hard to find then I found an excellent Chinese copy. It was discontinued then I found a Taiwan copy.
The copies are called "stripboard".

If having wires "all over the place" is "doomed" I've been successfully operating doomed circuits for 45 years!

Eric