PCB Transparency Advice

ajhoward

Joined Nov 16, 2011
I purchased these polyester transparencies (http://kinsten.com.au/ab/) from Kinsten and I
am having issues.

I have a Samsung CLX-3185FW Laser Multifunction and when I print them out on this they are sharp but not dark enough. SO I tried printing a mirrored version of the original and they don't line up properly because they are warping due to the heat from the fuser.

So I also have a Canon MP150 inkjet, I tried printing it on that but it is not coming out clear. The edge of some of the tracks have smudge marks on the edge and when it dries they get worse. :confused:

BSomer

Joined Dec 28, 2011
See if you can adjust the "density" on your printer. A higher density number will mean it puts more toner on the transparency. Another option would be to print out two copies of the circuit layout and place one on top of the other so you get double the toner to block your light source when exposing your circuit board, that is what I assume you are doing anyway.

DMahalko

Joined Oct 5, 2008
For the laser/LED printer, check the "page setup" or "printer properties", and either set the media type to Transparency, or change the fusing/fuser temperature to Low.

Either way should tell the printer to turn down the fuser temperature and maybe move the rollers quicker so the transparency doesn't get so hot that it warps.

ajhoward

Joined Nov 16, 2011
For the laser/LED printer, check the "page setup" or "printer properties", and either set the media type to Transparency, or change the fusing/fuser temperature to Low.

Either way should tell the printer to turn down the fuser temperature and maybe move the rollers quicker so the transparency doesn't get so hot that it warps.
I did that already, I set maximum darkness and paper type to transparency.