PCB Supplier

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Hi..
I am looking for any one supplying single sided clad boards.
I need lots of it.

But if you can cut it to my design and etch it, it will be a blast...
I am talking about a job I got.

So who likes to make some money? :D

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I need the clads to be cut and etched to mount SMD leds.
Cutting needs to be alphabetic.
Letter's are "WATANIYA" each letter is around the size of ur palm.

So nerd, can you do this...?

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Do you have gerbers of your design?
I've got excellent PCB houses in the states (US) and a few China sources too.
Define "lots"
China min is like 3,000 boards depending on size.

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Here's a crazy idea that might work. 0805 and 1206 sized SMD LEDs will fit on stripboard, which will be a lot cheaper than etching.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Do you have gerbers of your design?
I've got excellent PCB houses in the states (US) and a few China sources too.
Define "lots"
China min is like 3,000 boards depending on size.
Not that lot's....:eek:. It's just a sign..lot's mean it will need big clads
Here's a crazy idea that might work. 0805 and 1206 sized SMD LEDs will fit on stripboard, which will be a lot cheaper than etching.
:cool: My kinda guy....but this needs to be professional and I have to give 1 year warranty. So I need this to be faultless.

what quantities and what size is each PCB?? Have you checked out places such as ExpressPCB, etc.
Each letter is around the size of ur palm. I said that, before, somewhere...
It's a sign. I need the clads cut into the letter shape so I can mount SMD high bright led's in groups of three. I need to give an even glow inside the letter. Each letter needs to be separate. Lettering is in English & in Divehi plus their logo..

I can show dimensions once I find a member who is confident or professional enuf to do this without delay...

U know I can do this too :cool:....buuuut.. I can't cut it easily..or wait...do you think a jig saw can do the job if I buy the clads..

Ooooooh!!! Where can I buy SS clads cheap.. big square ones. 1 sq feet each...around 30 pcs of 'em..

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Just to clarify:

You need 8 boards, shaped into letters?

It would be easier for me to say:"Yes, I can help you." Or "No, I can't help you", if I saw the board layout and the dimensions.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Just to clarify:

You need 8 boards, shaped into letters?

It would be easier for me to say:"Yes, I can help you." Or "No, I can't help you", if I saw the board layout and the dimensions.
Yup !!
A bit smaller than the letters, so I can put the pcb into the letter and screw it.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Approximately:

Width: 100mm
Height: 160mm

With mounting holes?

It would be nice to have a look at the PCB layout. Is there a ground plane?

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Not even close dummy...
PM ur email...

U did not reply to ur PM or email or what ever....
I emailed you ages ago..

Posting it on a public place might create some issues u know.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Check mail...subject..here it is

If you can get the PCB let me know. We'll talk about the layout and the size and all..

The letters are made from acrylic. Box type letters. Hollow inside.
PCB needs to be inside the letter..

Only needs to mount SMD Led's in groups of 3 through out the letter's, with resistors too...
after that it will be covered in clear epoxy to weather proof.. So I guess just copper traces will be there.

I will draw the layout if ur price is not up to my neck.

see the logo....the white "W" will be lit ...not the red part.

Last edited:

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Check mail...subject..here it is

If you can get the PCB let me know. We'll talk about the layout and the size and all..

The letters are made from acrylic. Box type letters. Hollow inside.
PCB needs to be inside the letter..

Only needs to mount SMD Led's in groups of 3 through out the letter's, with resistors too...
after that it will be covered in clear epoxy to weather proof.. So I guess just copper traces will be there.

see the logo....the white "W" will be lit ...not the red part.
OK, I got the mail.

That 'W' in the name is really wide, but I think it is do-able.

I got this policy: No cure, no pay.

First, lets see if I can help you. :) Can you send the layout?

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Here's the thing...I just got the dimensions...
The plastic cutting is done by my cousin, I am doing the lighting.

From the pdf u can determine how the cutting should be. I haven't yet decided what led's to buy. I am thinking to buy SMD high bright leds. I have the data.

We need to decide that 1 or 2 rows of led will suffice. Then only u can calculate the PCB and cutting cost. I just need a rough estimate without loss so I can give him a price for the lighting job.

To get the exact layout dimension I have to print a letter and decide. I will do it soon.

for the time being can you tell me what you can do and give me an estimate.

Keep an eye on this thread...
I will do the tough part, I need to talk to my cousin..so what you have to do is decide weather you are up to the task....even if you can send me the PCB after cutting or not may be..is enough. I will pay you what you want.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
I will do some wood work when I get home. I will make some of the letters in thin plywood, and use the measures I got. To see if I got it right. We also need some construction drawings, so we are sure both of us are on the same page, and avoid misunderstandings. (And for documentation purposes)

I got some ideas...

I will PM you some pictures in a few hours. (Got to pick up my new contact lenses, stop by the dentist and fix a tooth, pick up daughter, and eat dinner. Then I start :))

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Hmm..shipping cost ain't bad. I can live with that amount.

So..about the clads. They does not need top be of good quality.. It's just one time use somewhat. Just solder leds and mount it in the letter and cover it with clear epoxy and it stays their as long as a led does not fail.

If stays for one year. I'll get another paycheck..kekekeke!

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
If you need some help I can make wireframe letters in any size any font. Then export them a DWG file. You can then import this DWG file in your EAGLE program and use this as board outline for your PCB