PCB Designing

Dinesh_rd7

Joined Jan 26, 2020
Hi all,
I am new to PCB designing, could you tell me the right way to develop my designing.
Any site that where can i study about designing.

Thanks,
RD

RobNevada

Joined Jul 29, 2019
The other free option is Design Spark PCB. I have used both Kicad and Design Spark and prefer Design Spark PCB as it seems more user-friendly. Another great benefit is when done with your design you can order all the parts with one button and don't have to go from distributor to distributor seeking stock. RS the owner of Design Spark is out of Europe and Asia but they have a sister company in the US named Allied Electronics. Youtube has some great videos that will help you get started. Design Spark also has videos on its site too.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
i am new to designing and using altium, i need help for layout guidence.
Component placement is an important factor for routability. Topological schematics can facilitate good component placement. Fly wires from a router can also help with good placement.

If you want guidance, post a schematic and your placement for critique.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Electronic circuits generally have a functional flow.
Firstly, draw a block diagram and then a circuit diagram.
Pay attention to the flow of the circuit functions.
Place your components along the same line as the flow. This will result in the shortest interconnections on the PCB.

When you have multiple devices on a package, reserve pin assignments for later. This will allow you to swap devices on the same chip in order to simplify the PCB layout.

Pay attention to and plan ahead for power and ground distribution. For critical applications provide for a ground plane and copper pours (flooded areas). Make sure you have sufficient decoupling capacitors on all power and ground pins.
If you have a mixed signal application (both analog and digital circuits on the same board) plan for split ground planes.

Finally, plan for good manufacture-ability, service and maintenance, e.g. all test points, mounting holes and external connectors are suitably located. Some SMD IC packages (e.g. QFN package) are difficult to solder by hand and sometimes require a connection from the underside.

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
The other free option is Design Spark PCB. I have used both Kicad and Design Spark and prefer Design Spark PCB as it seems more user-friendly. Another great benefit is when done with your design you can order all the parts with one button and don't have to go from distributor to distributor seeking stock. RS the owner of Design Spark is out of Europe and Asia but they have a sister company in the US named Allied Electronics. Youtube has some great videos that will help you get started. Design Spark also has videos on its site too.
I use DSPCB also and have used it exclusively for a number of designs.
Great software. However, there are some routing features it doesn’t do (that eagle does do) but are not show stoppers. DSPCB now offers a paid version, but still offers the free version.
I wouldn’t recommend eagle....clumsy interface..

eT

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Next time I want to do a board like that I'll send it to you, OK?
hello,

but seriously though..
Pro designers don’t rely that much on auto routers just cause it does do some silly things. When they do, they’ll spend a number of number of hours just cleaning routes up. So some
Designers don’t bother using it and manually route all traces.

eT