PCB design software license cost

engr_david_ee

Joined Mar 10, 2023
I was searching how much it actually cost a Xpedition Enterprise professional license for commercial and non-commercial standalone use.

I found nothing. But I get some thing for Altium and AutoDesk Fusion 360.

Any idea for Xpedition Enterprise PCB design software license cost ?

Attachments

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
When I was still active the going yearly cost for a PCB station was $5000.00 per seat. We had about a dozen seats at our facility. Cheap doesn't quite fit that particular situation. The ASIC design stations were 2.5 to 3 times that cost.

Lo_volt

Joined Apr 3, 2014
10 years ago, Mentor offered Powerlogic and Pads for $4,500. That was their cheapest product and, of course, could only do PC board design with limited # of layers and no simulation. If I recall, the cheapest version of Xpedition was about twice that. Add in HDL processing, simulation or other features and it got pricey quickly.

Really the best way to find their pricing is to contact them directly.

engr_david_ee

Joined Mar 10, 2023
That true the price of Xpedition Enterprise PCB design software is not listed on the website. But it's strange that there is no standard price for different type of licenses. One has to specify the needs and then it also depends on location as I heard. But generally it look like that Xpedition Enterprise is far more expansive then Altium.