PCB Design Layout Help

the kidson

Joined May 15, 2011
whats up all...thanks to everyone's help especially Sgt. Wookie..i finally got a working circuit that I am happy with...below is a diagram of the circuit how it appears on the breadboard...my power source is 9v...i am at the step now where i want to create a PCB..the problem is...i suck at drawing schematics and cant even figure how to start designing a PCB with the specifications needed..i would like to fit all this if possible onto a board that would measure to be 2" in length and about 1" to an 1 1/8" wide...the lights could be aranged however since they will have 10" of wire attached from the PCB..thanks in advance..and thanks for looking...the help is appreciated...here is the diagram of my circuit:

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Download diptrace and have fun with the tutorials..

Or I'll do it. Prices start at $100 per hour (minimum charge of 5 hours).:)

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
You know, unless you practice on the skill, you'll continue to suck at it. :)

Nobody starts off knowing this stuff. You have to work at it until you get even pretty decent.

Radio Shack stocks this PCB:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102845#

And PEBBLE has a board that's almost identical:

So, why don't you give it a whirl?

You don't have to place the IC's exactly how I placed them - that's just a suggestion to give you an idea how tight it's going to be.

Attachments

Last edited:

the kidson

Joined May 15, 2011
thanks for the replies...bertus...i seen your reply then did some reading to see why that was bad having the led's in parallel...so basically its just a matter of time when the leds will start acting weird with the current?..how would i resolve this?...by wiring them in series??..im confused about what you mean by " The resistor's right of the led's are shorted, as the contact lines are vertical (see red line)."..the circuit works...so im not sure what you mean...please forgive me and thanks for your patience...