PCB design cost calculations

Vindhyachal Takniki

Joined Nov 3, 2014
What is most used practice for PCB design cost calculation. I have designed a 310 mm x 170 mm board.

Below are specs:
Total number of pins: 899
Pins in a net: 899
Not connected pins: 0
Test pins: 0
Jumpers: 0
Total number of vias: 185
Total number of connections: 651
Unrouted connections: 0
Completion: 100%
Total number of parts: 285
Total number of nets: 253
PCB size: 310mm x 170mm
No of layers: 2

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
If you are talking about the cost to fabricate a bare PC board, many board houses have online calculators for instant quotes. This one gives prices at several quantity breakpoints (that you set) for both quick-turn prototypes and standard-turn production runs.

http://www.4pcb.com/

ak

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
You do not show your C.o Origin so it depends what the market will bear and also competition, if any.
Also depends on whether you are very proficient and/or familiar with the design S/W.
Here, for a task like this that I consider a good level of proficiency with would cost ~$80.00/hour rate, min.
Max.

SLK001

Joined Nov 29, 2011
What is most used practice for PCB design cost calculation. I have designed a 310 mm x 170 mm board.
I have designed it in ultiboard. So I am asking how to calculate its cost so that I can quote it to client.
You're kinda upside down on this. You have already invested the time and effort to design the board and now you want to quote it to a client? What if he says that he no longer wants the board? What if he dramatically redefines the scope of the project? In both cases, you're screwed.