PC

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
After a quick review of you posts to date, I get the impression that you are just beginning to familiarize yourself with the fascinating world of electronics. If my impression is correct then undertaking a project of this complexity would be a learning experience for sure. The danger of taking on such a project would mean that you would be relying very heavily on the knowledge of others to assist you with the effort. The likelihood of success is low since your source of assistance would be intermittent at best.

If you are still interested in taking on this design project, I would recommend that you start acquiring knowledge of the basic aspects of the project. Among the skills you will need is an understanding of the microcontroller that you have selected as the basis for the project. You will need to understand servos. You will need to learn how to program the microcontroller in C- language or BASIC. You will need to learn about interfacing the joystick to the microcontroller using analog to digital convertor techniques. You will need to learn about general digital input-output. You will need to learn about interrupt service routines.

This is a short list of the skills needed to tackle such a project.

Your best bet would be to tackle the variouis skills one at a time starting with the most fundamental one and working your way up to the more complex task. Remember there is a reward of accomplishment as you master each of these basic tasks. At the end of your learning journey would be your final goal of building the maze. That would be your motivation to learn.

hgmjr

electronics1

Joined Aug 21, 2009
I am not new in robotics
I already build this project without interaction with my PC
Now I want to add to this project a communication with the PC
That I will can to control the maze with my PC

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
You can connect the atmega32 to a PC via USB (Using an FT232BM IC) or Serial (RS232, by using an IC such as the MAX232CPE). Writing the code for the PC side is another thing.....