Patient Isolation

JCafone1

Joined Apr 28, 2009
I am currently working on a project to measure complex impedance. This is done by introducing a current (~1mA) @ various frequencies (1k to 1M Hz). I would like to float all components in contact with the load. To do this, I would like to use an opto-isolator do to their availability and cheapness. I am having problems locating one for my specific use. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

PS - I have decided to not use an isolation transformer do to its funky frequency response.

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
I am currently working on a project to measure complex impedance. This is done by introducing a current (~1mA) @ various frequencies (1k to 1M Hz). I would like to float all components in contact with the load. To do this, I would like to use an opto-isolator do to their availability and cheapness. I am having problems locating one for my specific use. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

PS - I have decided to not use an isolation transformer do to its funky frequency response.
I am very concerned that the above statements show a limited understanding of patient safety requirements.

IEC 60601-1 clearly defines the requirements for contact electrical apparatus

Look up "patient auxiliary current"

The following link may contain helpful ideas

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/5807253.html