Part selection for push pull follower help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bskerr88

Joined Mar 2, 2011
Hello all!

First of all thanks for your help.. I've learned a ton just lurking around the forum and reading the online books.

Anyways I've attached the LTSpice .ASC file I am working with.

I am trying to create a push pull follower because a voltage transducer I'm using can't source enough current to a low impedance load. A little background.. this is a MV (~38kV) capacitive voltage divider, roughly a 10000:1 ratio of primary voltage to secondary voltage.

If you guys see anything glaringly wrong with my schematic please let em know.. I really need help selecting parts though. I go on digikey and I don't even know where to start sorting. I have not purchased anything yet, and I am definitely willing to play around with different components, but want to waste too much money trying different ones.

thanks!

Attachments

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Ahhh, wait a minute - why on earth are you trying to use a capacitive voltage divider?

You must use a transformer to isolate the circuit from high voltage. This forum does not support discussions of capacitive voltage dividers, as they cannot be made safe.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I can't view this schematic. Many users can't either. Could you please repost it as a graphic file, .png preferred?

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
OK Bill, here is an edited version of our OP's schematic; I tend to remove a lot of white space from people's simulations, and eliminate components that aren't really necessary to make it easier to see what's going on.

Next to symbol V1 is the statement: SINE(0 22000 60)
which means a sine wave that has a 22kv peak (44kv peak-peak) value, 60Hz.

Attachments

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Visualize what would happen if C1 fails. It becomes a major safety hazard for anyone in the same room. We insist on transformers on this site for the same reasons. I strongly suggest transformer for this circuit instead of the dangerous capacitive voltage divider. If you want to pick up the discussion about where and how to get such a transformer you may start another thread.

I am closing this thread as it violates AAC policy and/or safety issues.

Quote:
6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies
This comes from our Tos:
Terms of Service

Status
Not open for further replies.