Part Identification

msk1644

Joined Oct 29, 2010
Hi
Am new here and looking for some help. This is a very cool website.
I am wondering if any body can help me identify this part. It is circled in red on the board and the board is a 12VDC to 48VDC power supply for a 2003 FORD truck fuel injection control module. The other pic is one that I removed from the board. The part measurements are 5.85mm W, 6.8mm H, 2.1mm thick. I am trying to repair this board and do not know what this part is. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
With two leads ans polarity stripe, it should be a diode or a polar capacitor. Have you got a meter? Pretty easy to check for a diode, especially as there appears to be another one on the left side of the board.

Any reason why you pulled the component?

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
There is another one on the directly opposite side (left side) of the board.

Measure it with the Diode test on a multimeter, if you get a 0.6-ish volt response, it is a diode.

From the placement on the board, it seems that the stripe side goes close to the ground plane, and the non-striped side is at a voltage, since the tab of the outputs is on the same pad.

With it connecting next to the inductors, it may be a cap, or a zener diode, I'd need to know what the transistors are to come closer with a guess.

What is the number on the power transistor looking items? I can make out "AC249" in the horizontal, but I can't read the number in the vertical sense. There are 4 of them, it appears one has been removed?

Potato Pudding

Joined Jun 11, 2010
Actually in a swtching power supply in a vehicle it would likely be a schottky diode and the voltage reading for the diode test might be as low as .27 Volts.

It might also be a zener diode, but I am guessing Schottky. That would be a strange level of poewer dissipation for a zener.

msk1644

Joined Oct 29, 2010
#2 yes i do have a meter and can do that test. I pulled the component just to try and identify it i thought mabe there would be some more info on the bottom of it. There are four of these all together and one was burnt along with a FET and a resistor. I do not know very much about electronics.

#3 the number is 2N06L05 (SPB80N0652L-05) i did remove one, it was burnt.

WOW Thanks this is more info than i have been able to get any where Thanks !
as you can tell a do not have very much knowledge of electronics and am trying to limp my way through a repair and i do appreciate any and all help.
Thanks

msk1644

Joined Oct 29, 2010
the reading i get is .374 so it must be a diode. how do i go about finding the values for a replacement ?
Thanks

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
the reading i get is .374 so it must be a diode. how do i go about finding the values for a replacement ?
Thanks
Do you get any reading when reversing the probes? The 0.374 is when the black lead is on the side with the white strip of the chip?

If so, that does sound like a schottky level voltage drop, as opposed to a Zener. The question then becomes "What Current Rating". It appears to be fairly high rated judging by chip size, I have some schottkys that are the same size as the tiny black resistors, and those are rated for 0.5A.

From [SIZE=-1]NTD32N06L [/SIZE]MOSFET Datasheet
Drain Current
− Continuous @ TA = 25°C Id 32A
− Continuous @ TA = 100°C Id 22A
− Single Pulse (10uS) Idm 90A

As there appears to be one MOSFET per inductor/diode combo, the diode should be rated at around the transistor, without more info.

Last edited:

msk1644

Joined Oct 29, 2010
no reading when reversing the probes. yes the .374 is with the black lead on the stripe end of the chip. yes there is one MOSFET per inductor/diode combo.
this information helps me alot. I think i may be able to locate a replacement part now. your help is very much appreciated.
Thanks