parallel port programming

supahariz

Joined Sep 8, 2010
i'm tryin to make a project which is a 7segment rolling display using parallel port.
but,my program (in c) requires some changes.
as per my research, if my program needs to run on windows, it needs to use inpout.dll file and interfaces...please help me to get this program running..

thanku

Attachments

supahariz

Joined Sep 8, 2010
i've been through this link,
but i did not understand how to integrate inpout32 into my program and get my circuit to display HALLO.

please help me to modify this c program so i can get this c program running in windows vista.
can a software called UserPort be helpful in getting the parallel port open in vista??
i'm not able to understand the working of this software
i just need the existing program to be modified so that i can send signals to the parallel port and then to get my circuit working.

- connect your parallel port cable to port
- o/port data high and check voltages on the o/p .... does it go high ...
- sometimes the port is by default high or low so make sure you check by making the port low ...
- this should help you debug your software .... check whether the userport is actually working ... and troubleshoot from there .... if it is working fine ... check your program ... you dont need to underdstand how userport works .... all you need to know is that if you try to access (read/write) to physical ports of computers vista(and xp) dont allow it .... user port is a program that overrides / gives you control over the windows setting that blocks port access ...

alternatively run your program on an xp machine ... i have used user port successfully there ......

hope this helps ... i havent been able to look at your coding yet ....

supahariz

Joined Sep 8, 2010
my parallel port seems to be workin very fine
i'l try to run it in.
can u please look at my code suggest required changes?

and please explain how to work wit userport

thanku