Parallel Port Data Bus Direction

Iodem_Asakura

Joined Sep 14, 2004
How can i put the Data Bus of the Parallel Port as an input. I need to do it in a program in Visual Basic to receive some data. I'm using the Status Bus for another signals so i need the Data Bus to receive information too.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Hi,

You've discovered that VB does not give you access to the hardware level (no PEEK or POKE). You will have to use either an in-line assembler to get there, or a different language.

Mr. Gates made lots of decisions about what people would be able to do with his software. The only consistent part is that it is always difficult and unsatisfactory.

Originally posted by beenthere@Aug 8 2005, 07:34 PM
Hi,

You've discovered that VB does not give you access to the hardware level (no PEEK or POKE). You will have to use either an in-line assembler to get there, or a different language.

Mr. Gates made lots of decisions about what people would be able to do with his software. The only consistent part is that it is always difficult and unsatisfactory.
[post=9539]Quoted post[/post]​
I've heard it's possible to add more parallel port cards to the PC? Would that help?

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Originally posted by beenthere@Aug 9 2005, 12:34 AM
Hi,

[post=9539]Quoted post[/post]​
In some respects that may not be a bad thing, just think of all these script-kiddies using VB to tinker with your PC hardware!