Panasonic CF-25

VoodooMojo

Joined Nov 28, 2009
awhile back I inherited a few CF25 LapTops.
a company was upgrading their equipment and asked if I had a use for
their castoffs. I figured someday i would do something with the monitors
but that day will probably never come so....

look at the photos of these CF-25 toughbooks and let me know who wants them, has a use for them, or knows someone that might want to experiment.

The price is free.

take one, take all
first come first served.

in the photos, the top 3 units appear to be intact.
the bottom 2 have been cannibalized.
I do not know a thing about them except I was told the OS has been removed from them.

if not in the contiguous United States please help with the shipping costs.

I do not just want to throw them out.

good luck with your bidding

Attachments

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I'll help with the shipping costs in any case. May I have one or two for DeMolay and myself?

DeMolay is a charitable organization, and will give a receipt for tax credit. I'm trying to set up their office.

What OS do they use? It is not important, my primary use will be for a laser printer I got for them, and a flat bed scanner. It will allow them to print and copy documents.

VoodooMojo

Joined Nov 28, 2009
I'll help with the shipping costs in any case. May I have one or two for DeMolay and myself?

DeMolay is a charitable organization, and will give a receipt for tax credit. I'm trying to set up their office.

What OS do they use? It is not important, my primary use will be for a laser printer I got for them, and a flat bed scanner. It will allow them to print and copy documents.

You got them all.
PM me a shipping address and I will get them in the mail tomorrow.

I don't know anything about these particular laptops other than they
belonged to a gas company that sold them to an equipment company that was going to distribute them to their technicians for equipment diagnostics. When they found they needed to install an OS they decided
to go with new. There are no chargers with them.

DeMolay has an order just down the road from me here in Maryland. The Catonsville-Palestine Chapter. Excellent organization. Great people.

VoodooMojo

Joined Nov 28, 2009
Hey bill/voodoo I am not a Charity, but I could DEFINITELY use one.
Really, If it would help the charity, no problem.. I can do without. NOT A PROBLEM.
[/ed]
you're half a day late my friend.
they are packaged and ready to be shipped to Bill in the morning.
It's up to Bill at this point.

I have an old Toshiba Tecra 730XCDT you can have. Hasn't been run since 1999. It has either Windows 95 or perhaps the new 98 on it ;)

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
I alredy pulled my request.. I was hoping I changed it before it was seen.. ;)

My hangover is making me slow. ;)

I was 1 minute slow.

I edited at 9:30 and you posted at 9:31.. I was editing while you were typing the reply!

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
I have an old Toshiba Tecra 730XCDT you can have. Hasn't been run since 1999. It has either Windows 95 or perhaps the new 98 on it ;)
I remember those. You turned them on in the morning so they would be ready to use at around lunch time ;)

I am putting together a water usage..

Wait, does it have a serial port on it?

Prolly.

I wonder if the 48MB memory will handle the presentation I have.

Does it have the stock 2GB hard disk?

VoodooMojo

Joined Nov 28, 2009
oh yeah, she's a powerhouse!
serial port, no usb
I'll fire it up when I find the charger for it. If it still works you can have it.
I'll drop it off at the bar of your choice.

you could probably do better at a yard sale.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
I would rather buy you a whiskey at your bar of choice.

I really cant use. I need one of those USB doo-hickeys for the thumb drive, and Im sure it doesn't have a DVD drive, so It would just sit.

I thank you though.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I'm working on getting the power supplies. Paypal sucks, and it seems that is what the 1st seller wants. If you have other ideas I'm open. :D

Thanks though, they really are appreciated.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
That is funny, as that is who I was looking at. Looks like you found a different angle from the same vendor (I googled to find them). If they take paypal only (which seems to be the case at the moment, I have a email sent) then I'll find another way.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
OK, this time they didn't require me to go through a paypal log in. I have 3 of them on order. Thank you again. I'll be sending a PM later.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
I'm not a charity case and nither is Bill,but like every thing else
I don't make it work and I hate to bother anyone about shipping and
........I'm such a loosewire.....Another subject,these things just come to me.
I receive sound,there no way with some one with mic to talk and hear there
voice the way this forum is set up.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I'm not a charity case and nither is Bill,but like every thing else
I don't make it work and I hate to bother anyone about shipping and
........I'm such a loosewire.....Another subject,these things just come to me.
I receive sound,there no way with some one with mic to talk and hear there
voice the way this forum is set up.
I may not be a charity case, but this is for charity. I spend $40 / week on pizza. Sometimes the guys remember to feed the kitty, many times they don't (and I figuratively eat the difference). The power supplies are a case of that.

I am proud of my guys, they aren't angels, but they do beat the average. A higher percentage of them will likely become politicians, since that is where a lot of training goes (leadership). Maybe some of them can remember their ethics when they get into office. Bill Clinton is a senior DeMolay. If he'd only remembered what we teach about respecting women. :D

The laptops will be put to good use, either way. If I can get one or two up the next step is how to make a Centronics printer interface for them.

VoodooMojo

Joined Nov 28, 2009
I am proud of my guys, they aren't angels, but they do beat the average. A higher percentage of them will likely become politicians, since that is where a lot of training goes (leadership). Maybe some of them can remember their ethics when they get into office. Bill Clinton is a senior DeMolay. If he'd only remembered what we teach about respecting women. :D
I'll bet Hillary gets his respect!!!:p

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
If I really wanted one Bill,you know I would have asked. I don't do things for my self
well.I was not in any way reacting that I didn't get one. Please don't take It wrong.
I lost a post that named you, Bill, Retched, and VooDoo Mojo in abc ordrer for a reason.
I am letting you guys figture it out for now.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
If I really wanted one Bill,you know I would have asked. I don't do things for my self
well.I was not in any way reacting that I didn't get one. Please don't take It wrong.
I lost a post that named you, Bill, Retched, and VooDoo Mojo in abc ordrer for a reason.
I am letting you guys figture it out for now.
Sometimes I understand you completely, others not so much. I don't really worry about it, unless it seems important to you.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Bill! May I ask how do you intend to use those computers. I mean after you have taken a picture standing besides your loot, and sent it to Retched:p