PaintCAD

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I'm sure all of you have been curious how I put those schematics on the forums. No? Tough, I'm gonna tell you anyhow. It is with something I call PaintCAD, short for Paint as CAD.

I use MS Paint to do the drawings, it is on every computer ever loaded with MS and some that aren't. This is useful because I can't load all the computers I work on with software. I have made a series of "sheets" I copy and paste off of to make new drawings. It is much easier than drawing from scratch, and pretty quick besides.

I used to use .bmp files because .jpg adds a certain fuzziness that really messes up later edits, but have switched over to .gif formats instead. This site uses .png, which is pretty similar and is slightly larger, but handles colors better.

You will need to set up an account with a photo display site such as photobucket ( http://photobucket.com/ ), it is free and easy to use. After uploading the picture to this site copy the IMG link provided at the bottom of the displayed image and copy the line to this site, it will be displayed as the picture from then on, unless something happens to the photobucket image. You can erase and reload the photobucket image to make changes without touching the forum.

PaintCAD is a work in progress. I doubt it will ever be truely finished, but it has been pretty useful for me. I suspect I'm not the only one who can use it, so I'm releasing it to public domain. I'll update this file occasionally, and put a time/date stamp on it.

The schematics shown in the cookbook are concepts only, a lot of them have not been tested (and a lot have). The Gates sheet has been pretty handy for my digital stuff, and is the biggest on of all.

Hope you like it.

Last upload 2:54AM 4/15/2008

Attachments

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Wendy Feedback and Suggestions 0
Wendy General Electronics Chat 6