Pain in calf right leg

Robin Mitchell

Joined Oct 25, 2009
Hi everyone,

Every so often (towards the evening) i get an extremely painful "electric shot" shooting up my leg from the lower back of calf to the top. It really hurts...there is no warning of it coming

Just above the knee is slightly painful to

Does this sound familiar to anyone???
Thanks

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
I've had an electric pain shoot from my neck to the base of my ear before, but never the leg...
(and we on here actually know what an electric pain feels like ;))

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I used to get those, my folks always called them growing pains.

HOWEVER, take it to a doctor. As you live in the UK, there is no excuse not to.

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
I agree with Bill Marsden: you need to see a doctor. An electronics discussion forum is not a good source of medical information.

TBayBoy

Joined May 25, 2011
Ya your Dr. may prescribe Quinine tablets, thankfully I'm old enough to enjoy a good Gin and Tonic on the advice of my Dr. :)

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I went through a 2 week phase a couple of years ago where I would experience electric shock feelings as I would dose off. the first time it happened, I felt a little unnerved; didn't know what happened; talked myself out of believing that I had been electrocuted in bed, and after about 30min of settling down, i started to fall off to sleep again, and right before I started dreaming it happened again. That time I couldn't deny it; I turned on the light and pulled my bed away from the wall, pulled all my sheets of, and verified that there were no wires contacting either me or my bed. Could not explain it. laid awake in bed all night getting zapped every 30 min or so (every time I start to doze off.) Went to the doctor (military doctor) in the morning who told me to drink more water. Tried drinking water and it didn't help. Every night for 2 weeks this happened. My supervisor called me in for a talk about my performance at work and warned me about the military's random drug test program. I did my own research and concluded that it was from stress. After 2 weeks it stopped just as suddenly as it started and I haven't had it happen since.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Muscle cramps can be caused due to low potassium levels. Eating a banana a day can help to keep the muscle cramps away - but if that doesn't help, see your doc.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
You need to be talking to your parents,unless you have had an accident
a young person need a reason to have serious pain.

P.S. they have a study that says sitting will kill you.So I guess
people need to get up from the computer and walk around.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
You need to be talking to your parents,unless you have had an accident
a young person need a reason to have serious pain.

P.S. they have a study that says sitting will kill you.So I guess
people need to get up from the computer and walk around.
Dude! You are getting better at this. I agree whole heartedly.