PAC1934 DC Power/Energy Monitor

Sinaan.O

Joined Jun 17, 2022
I want to read the voltage and current at the output of the line with the PAC1934 IC. It is stated that the breakdown limit is 40V, but when I give a voltage over 32V on this line, I cannot view it and there is an underlined phrase in the datasheet Page 3. What does it mean? How can I read a voltage above 32 volts with this IC? When I want to read voltage directly from any sense pin, I cannot see above 32 volts. On the test board I prepared, I want to give a voltage over 32 volts and read it from the sense terminals, but even when I give a value over 32 volts, I see 32 volts. When I read that the IC can withstand up to 40 volts when Vdd is connected, I thought I could see over 32 volts at the output. If the integrated is based on 40 volts, is there any way I can read this value when I supply a voltage above 32 volts?

7bvZe.png

7bvZe.pngDatasheet page 3

Sinaan.O

Joined Jun 17, 2022
I want to read the voltage and current at the output of the line with the PAC1934 IC. It is stated that the breakdown limit is 40V, but when I give a voltage over 32V on this line, I cannot view it and there is an underlined phrase in the datasheet Page 3. What does it mean? How can I read a voltage above 32 volts with this IC? When I want to read voltage directly from any sense pin, I cannot see above 32 volts. On the test board I prepared, I want to give a voltage over 32 volts and read it from the sense terminals, but even when I give a value over 32 volts, I see 32 volts. When I read that the IC can withstand up to 40 volts when Vdd is connected, I thought I could see over 32 volts at the output. If the integrated is based on 40 volts, is there any way I can read this value when I supply a voltage above 32 volts?

Datasheet link : https://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/PAC1931-Family-Data-Sheet-DS20005850E.pdf

Attachments

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
The chip can only handle 32 V maximum, you need a different chip.

Or potentially you could float the chip above ground, but then you would also need to level-shift the IO lines down also.
Not at all easy, but could be done.