outputs are?

logmode

Joined Sep 5, 2011
Hi,

I have a question and may have more if that’s ok. I am looking at making a solar panel. And I have found out that there are a lot of problems to resolve like heat, exposure, and future cell replacement repair. Anyways I can’t find this top secret information on a cell connection outputs. This cell is 6*6 Mono Crystalline. The cell has three soldering strips on the pretty side that is the negative side. Its voltage output is 0.5v just over 4 w, but from what I have read it’s more like 3w. Ok enough said here goes, is it really like three cells in one, each solder strip is one third of the total output?

Thank you

logmode

Joined Sep 5, 2011
Howdy,

I know this is very top secret, I promise I won’t tell anyone. Only me and you will know about it.

Thank you
and I put sugar on top.:rolleyes:

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Post a picture of the cell and/or a link to its technical description, and you have a better chance of a quick answer.

logmode

Joined Sep 5, 2011
Hi
Ok no one knows the inputs and outputs of one cell, hard to believe but it’s ok. I will eventually buy some and post my findings.
thank you and Happy Thanksgiving :D

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Okay, looking at the pictures on the link you posted, the three lines on the face (dark side) of the solar cell are all negative polarity, and the the lines on the back (lighter side) are all positive polarity. In practice, each cell is joined by soldering conductive strips on the face of one cell and then on the back of the next cell, thus connecting the cells in series. There are lots of explanations how to do this. Google "connecting solar cells."