Oscillator circuit help needed

Denym

Joined Feb 7, 2012
Hi everyone, I have been trying to build an oscillator circuit that is the super penny oscillator by ibpointless without the magnet or antenna, I am using a 2.4 to 3.7v power source, what is happening is that if in the section with the 1 nf cap has a 1 mega ohm resistor it does not trigger the transistor, if it is replaced with a 1k resistor the circuit seems to be shorting (the led goes out) can anyone help me out with getting this circuit going?

Last edited:

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Sgt. Wookie's solution should get it running.

If for some reason it still doesn't oscillate, make sure the two coils are magnetically coupled, and properly phased with respect to one-another. Usually the two coils are either wound as two parallel winding on the same core or coil form, or wound as a center-tapped inductor -winding as a center tapped inductor assures both coupling and phasing are correct.

Also, make sure you have the transistor connected correctly (you would be surprised at how many people have a problem with that).

After that, I would reduce the base resistor in case your 2N2222 doesn't have high enough gain.

After that, eliminate the 1 nf capacitor.