organization 2?

Mathematics!

Joined Jul 21, 2008
papers , clothes , and computer / electronic components/other components

This thread is more focused on the later i.e computer / electronic components/other components

I have boxes that work for things that I don't use very often but I would like another level i.e
Some storage thing to allow me to easy access the things I uses alot.
I run into the problem alot of times mixing old stuff that I never uses only need rarely with stuff I uses alot
Though it is all semi-organized I don't lose anything and eventually can find it the problem lies in I would like to separate the stuff I uses alot from the stuff I don't use alot.
So I can "Quickly Find/Uses" my commonly used stuff. (i.e really easy access to my commonly used stuff )

Any suggestions or storage area devices that you recommend for computer cords , stuff to keep power adapters with the correct devices, cables with the correct devices ,....etc etc

I presume you will say labels but even with this I run into the problem of putting it into the right place for easy access. I.e if it is in the lower part of the box then it is harder to get at but some times the shape of the storage area restricts me to storing it into the most awkward area thus defeating the purpose of finding it easy even if I label everything perfectly .

Any suggestions on how to fix this organizational problem?
So I can access commonly used stuff in a flash.

For clothes and papers there is a solution since these things normally come 99% of the time in standard sizes/shapes for you anyway so you never really have this type of organization issues with these types of things provided you are not a procrastinator .

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
It's a problem when you have a hard time organizing just how you are going to get organized. :p

It's simple.. Stuff you use stays in the house, stuff you don't goes in the garage or heck even into the trash can.

Mathematics!

Joined Jul 21, 2008
Yes those pictures helped

I guess it all depends on what works for what person.
I will keep trying until I find my organization technique that works.

Though the real problem stems from my lack of taking time out of the day to reorganize / re situate stuff so that it doesn't pile up to a monster mess of reorganizing.
I guess the trick is when you find a method that works keep up with it some how don't procrastinate stuff do it right then and now ...

Any suggestions on how to train your self not to be a procrastinator for the long haul/long term. I mean it is easy to organizes an keep organized for a short time (really short in my cases) The problem is maintaining it.

So any suggestions on maintaining ...

I can tell you looking back if I was organized I could do 1000 times what I normally could accomplish in the same time.
Though some reason I know long term it makes things easier but short term I just get lazy and say I will do it later thats the problem.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I've tried, unsuccessfully, to only touch an item (document ... etc) once and make a decision on what to do with it. Keep or shread/round file... If keep, then it's scan and store on disk, of if it's that important, put in the fire safey box.

Some days I'm successful in that, others ... well ... not so successful. I'm sure someone could draw a flowchart illustrating all the possible subroutines of the keep side of things.

Last edited:

Mathematics!

Joined Jul 21, 2008
if I have to say
99% of the time if I am faced with a decision to keep or throw something out throwing it out would have worked better from me.

(looking back that is)

Though bills , identity , proof of purchess / recites can in rare cases come back to bite your ass. So when it comes to those type of documents/papers I tend to do the 1% thing.
And for good reasons knowing that I will probably never need it in most cases.

Though I do see those electronic scanners or just plain scanners maybe I will just get a HDD for scanning important thing then keep that orgainized and save it would actually be easier to manage ....

In most cases though backups ever 5 years or so / buying a new HDD for it and destroying the other one would be the security protocal :)

Still think on which method is right for me

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
They make network drives, so scanning could be easily accomplished. If you want something different, there are plenty of USB drives that you could archive stuff and then record it to a DVD once you have the year done.

I would recommend scanning to a pdf file.

The options are limitless.

Mathematics!

Joined Jul 21, 2008
Greed
But the problem is it all boils down if the person can be organized or is destine for failure
:rolleyes: (does this depend on genetics because I think I miss that gene )