Ordinary Differential Equation (separation by variable)

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
Hello,

I have written my solution to a Microsoft Word's file because I use MathType and it is very easy to just transfer equations from MathType to Words.

I just want to check whether my solution is correct because I don't know how to check it using WolframAlpha. I used WolframAlpha to check if my works are correct in other math-related stuffs but when I input differential equation stuffs, I don't understand the answer produced.

Thank you for your patience. The solution is attached.

EDIT 1:

In diffeq prob 1.pdf,

Problem 2 no.8

Final Answer can be y=Ce(x^3/3)-1 .

Attachments

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You need to learn how to check your own work. The solutions to many/most math/engineering problems can be validated starting from the solution itself.

So take your first problem. You have two proposed solutions. For each one, take the solution and plug it into the original problem. Do both solutions work? If yes, then you are good to go (though you may have missed additional solutions). If not, then you are wrong. If you are wrong, the exercise of checking the proposed solution will often provide some insight into why that solution is wrong which may give you hints as to what to look for in your work that went astray.