Orcad: boards versus diagrams

HMartins

Joined May 10, 2011
Hi.

I've done a Capture schematic diagram but I need to break it into two PCBs with some interconnections.

What should be the project structure for this? In Design Resources, two pages inside the same schematic folder, another page inside another schematic folder? ...?

Thanks
Martins

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
I've always handled this by just making multiple projects, one project for each PCB.

This may cause you trouble if you're also simulating from Capture, I've never used that facility. But in Capture and other programs that's what I do.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Hi.

I've done a Capture schematic diagram but I need to break it into two PCBs with some interconnections.

What should be the project structure for this? In Design Resources, two pages inside the same schematic folder, another page inside another schematic folder? ...?

Thanks
Martins
You could always design it as a single breakaway board--put everything on a single board, but separate it into different parts by cutting slots in the PCB to make it easier to break off. I think that's what most people do.

I do not use Orcad, so I couldn't tell you exactly how to do this, but it should give you an idea of what you could do.

Matt