OR GATE LATCH

pilko

Joined Dec 8, 2008
The unused inputs are connected to ground,and it works OK on the breadboard.I cannot get it to work on my Logic Lab simulator.I thought I may be performing an illegal operation.I havn't seen this application used anywhere.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
You drawing does not indicate that the unused inputs are tied to anything. That is why I replied as I did.

If your simulated device has its unused inputs tied to ground then it should work.

hgmjr

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
In real hardware, I suspect that the output will come up either high or low when power is switched on, depending on the internal circuitry. I'm not sure what simulator you are using, but unused inputs of behavioral gates in LTspice are automatically inactive, so grounding them wouldn't help..

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
Please define the phrase "doesn't work." Is the simulator output always low? Does it follow the input? Is the o/p an analog representation of a Barry Manilow tune?

pilko

Joined Dec 8, 2008
I have attached the graph for both modes of operation.The breadboard version latches,the simulator vertion doesn't. Thanks for the prompt replies.

Attachments

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
It works in my simulator, even using CMOS logic without having all of the unused inputs grounded. Perhaps you've found a bug in your simulator software.

pilko

Joined Dec 8, 2008
It's a USB interface device called Digi-bee+ with simulating software called Logic-Lab plus I have just written to them hoping they can help me

Thanks for your help everyone