Op-Amp Circuit

electrical_ck

Joined Dec 7, 2009
I designed a multistage amplifier circuit to meet my needs of have a load of 20 ohms, a gain of 200 and a input resistance of 150k. I used a CC-Common Emitter with partial bypass (gain of 10), another CE w/partial bypass (gain of 20), and a CC at the end. I did all my calculations and I got my circuit doing everything I wanted on multisim. My questions is how could I downsize this circuit with using an op-amp(741), I built another circuit on multisim that gets me my gain of 200 with using an non-inverting design, my key issue is since i need a input resistance of 150k, I know that op-amps have very high input resistance, I just don't understand if the second circuit is good enough since its input resistance is much much higher then the 150k.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
I don't see your circuits. Please post images of them using the "Go Advanced" and "Manage Attachment" buttons. .png format is preferred.

741 opamps are 40 years old, non-linear, and woefully obsolete. A TL071, 72, 74 opamp would be a far better choice, although there are many that are much better.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Take a look at using a TL072 as a 2-stage preamp, and then use an audio amplifier IC for the output stage.

If you try to amplify the signal too much in one stage, you will have a rolloff in your higher frequency response.

Look at the datasheet for the TL072. Notice it's gain bandwidth product. Use that as your guide as to how much to amplify in one stage.