OHM's Law Quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
My grandfather was in the Navy and served in WW2.

I took personal offence to it all.
So was mine, and so was my father, I was in the Navy and I didn't. I admire your patriotism, but your aggression is misplaced. I think you should go back to the post that sparked your rage and re-read it. post exactly what it was that set you off. I think in the process of explaining exactly what and why it offended you, you will realize that you miss-read or miss-interpreted it.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
I didn't pick a fight, I just openly stated what I feel everyone else was thinking.
Do not presume that you can speak for anyone else on this forum.

Are you human?
Cool your jets, Yako / T.Jackson / whatever your real name is in Kangaroo land downunder.

This Forum has rules against ad hominem attacks; comments like:
You're a complete idiot
are specifically forbidden.

I don't know how or why you feel that you can come in here and start giving long-time members like R!f@@ the arse, but that kind of behavior is simply not satisfactory.

As far as annoying military Veterans - let those of us whom are in fact Veterans worry about that; if we need your advice on that subject, we will let you know.

Just because your Grandpas served does not mean that you can speak for them.

I don't speak for my step-Granddad, either. He was a Captain in the USMCR in WWII, flying F-4U Corsairs in the Solomon Islands and Bismark Archipelagos in '43-'44, much of it around the Japanese base at Rabaul. He shot down 18 Japanese Zeros, and two Betty bombers that were practically on Australia's doorstep - including four Zeros he shot down in one melee, three of which after his aircraft was shot up by six Zeros that came down out of the sun, wounding him in the left leg, knocking out his left wing guns, left flap and ailerons, that he was awarded the Navy Cross for - I believe that's the equivalent of what the British George Cross was in those days - along with a DFC, PH, and a number of other medals/awards.

So just lay off about it. We're not impressed.

Try to get along and play nice.

t_n_k

Joined Mar 6, 2009
Cool your jets, Yako / T.Jackson / whatever your real name is in Kangaroo land downunder.
Knowing you are a thoroughly fair-minded & decent man, I'll take it you aren't casting aspersions on the rest of us Australians. Generally we are a fairly civilized albeit geographically remote people.:rolleyes:

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Knowing you are a thoroughly fair-minded & decent man, I'll take it you aren't casting aspersions on the rest of us Australians. Generally we are a fairly civilized albeit geographically remote people.:rolleyes:
Aussies I like. It's sodding arseholes I have difficulty with... ;)

Yako

Joined Nov 24, 2011
Are we?

You're joking man.

Australia is so multi cultured now it isn't funny. We have even let wild refugees loose on our streets. Read last week's newspaper.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Active Duty, No Prior Service

Army - 35 (must ship to basic training prior to 35th birthday. The Army experimented with raising the age limit to age 42 for a brief period of time, but effective April 1st, 2011, the Army has reverted to the lower age limit.
Wasn't that for Chaplain MOS only? I remember hearing about it and which MOS were covered, but it seemed to boil down to Chaplain.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Wasn't that for Chaplain MOS only? I remember hearing about it and which MOS were covered, but it seemed to boil down to Chaplain.
a chaplain is an officer AFAIK. I never met an enlisted one anyway. The enlisted was a RP (religion personnel) and they were few and far between. I only ever saw them as personal assistants to chaplains. might be different for Army though

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
I can't tell you for certain; I just looked up a quick reference type of thing that is not necessary absolutely accurate. In order to "get the gospel" on the current rules, one would have to talk with an active-duty recruiter for the particular service in question. I'm just talking about enlistments; I didn't look what the officer age restrictions are. Enlisted ranks have to retire at 30 years service. Officers can serve 40 years.

The blurb I posted came from a civilian website; they try to keep it up-to-date, but there can be a lag of several months or even more.

Meanwhile, whatever the "official word" is can change at any given moment. Much of that depends upon how effective - or ineffective - our governments' foreign policy is.

Several years ago, the then-CG of the 4th Marine Division paid a visit to our local Vietnam War Museum, and several of us got to chat with him for a few hours. One of the things he told us was at that point in his career, he had over 34 years of service, and had made 32 separate diplomatic visits to China.

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
Damn...I just read this whole thread which was interresting at first then turned into a kid fight...lol I have never seen it in this forum...That new dude Y*#*is crazy...

Yako

Joined Nov 24, 2011
Damn...I just read this whole thread which was interresting at first then turned into a kid fight...lol I have never seen it in this forum...That new dude Y*#*is crazy...
You should see me when I don't take my medication and they let me out of a straight jacket.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
OK...All of you guys might know what exactly happened here.

But I really have no idea what the heck happened. I mean, what was his problem.

Can some one please tell me what is really going on in this thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.