Off the grid energy station

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorcan

Joined Jan 5, 2013
Hey all,

could really use your help on this project. My knowledge of designing circuits is very limited, but growing.
The idea is to make an off the grid energy station.
Using a 3ph elektromotor a prime mover to run an alternator, with the help of a distribution-belt.
The elektromotor will be running in a configuration of 440V, but both the voltage as the frequency should be adjustable. So, lowest voltage will be around 110V at 50 or 60hz. The highest setting will be 440V @ 200hz.
This is to prevent the 3ph elektromotor from heating up. Have tested this myself, the motor stays cool. Reference to Hector Perrez - RotoVerter.
The output from the alternator should go straight to a battery and would be used at the same time by a few computers, lights and other equipment that runs on 220V. Anything and everything that isn't in use, will be shut off offcourse.

now is my problem; how to set this whole thing up.
to have a frequency and voltage adjustable device to run the 3ph electromotor.
As for the output from the alternator, there is little choice but to use an inverter, maybe run the computers on DC voltage, but with differential fuses and resistors and backup batteries, so preventing to blow up the computers or losing the work on the computer when the system fails.
Have been looking into frequency generator circuits to change the frequency, this with aid of an relay, but that changes only the frequency.. And into how to build an adjustable transformer. This would help with the voltage issue. But can't make up my mind which way is best.

As for cooling the circuits and computers, there is an mineral oil on the market that's non conductive.

Anyone who wants to pitch in, please do. When the project is done, full release will be made.
Lorcan

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
So, you are going to power a generator with an electric motor and store the electricity in a battery? And run the motor off the battery?

Lorcan

Joined Jan 5, 2013
if possible, try to run it straight from the alternator. the battery is backup for the whole system. as per my calculations, it should be possible, as long as there is enough amps left.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
That's a "free energy" scheme, AKA overunity, AKA perpetual motion, AKA violation of the laws of physics, and not allowed for discussion on this site.

Now, if you were connect a gas or diesel engine, a windmill, a water mill, or some other actual power source to the alternator, then it would be just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.