Number Display help

Kerp

Joined Mar 4, 2012
Alright im new to this thread,so im asking for help, im working on a 7 segmeant display project in which a limit switch behind a trigger sends a signal to the display telling it to bring the number down, starting at 6 and working its way down to 1 then resetting back to 6, its a project for a Nerf Blaster,I have a FND507/6760 seven segment display, and a few chips, 7447, and a 74LS193, i discussed it with the Pre-Engineering teacher and he gave me those parts, along with two resistors (orange white purple red) and two capacitors (1μ50v) im trying to do this with out using a micro controller, hoping to bread-board this enitre thing then solder it all together somehow, the reason i dont want to use a micro controller is to save space, and money, though my teacher said he wouldnt mind sparing a small micro controller, but only so long as it fits, im trying to keep everything inside of the blaster to save external space for cosmetic purposes, the only thing visible of the work inside will be the display, please and thank you, also if any mistakes are found please alert me before suspension, im more use to other forum formats so this is all alien to me.

Felo

Joined Feb 20, 2012
To save space and money a MCU is your best choice, anyway show us some schematics or any progress on your proyect if you have any, don't expect someone to do all the work for you.

Good luck